This week the thoughts turn back to what the NFL revolves around…who is under center. There is a lot of talk about which QB will be drafted by who…at the same time there are a lot of QBs moving about and have already moved.
– Michael Vick to NYJ – well he might have been a game changer for the Jets 5 years ago. Now you have to wonder if he can stay healthy enough to start 3 games. Further you have to wonder if the signing of him is going to ruin any slim chance Geno Smith has at NFL success. If they start Smith and he struggles for one series, the fans will be screaming for Vick. If (and when) NY benches Smith for Vick that might be the move that destroys Smith’s fragile psyche forever.
– Mark (Buttfumble) Sanchise is available. The BEARS may sign him. If they do that will not help in the creation of a safety net behind Cutler. Chicago QB backup right now looks like it will be Jordan Palmer and Mark Sanchez – wow, BEARS Fans will have to hope Cutler starts all 16.
– SF got Blaine Gabbert. He probably at this point has a 1 in 10 shot at a decent NFL career as a backup and a 9 in 10 shot at being one of the biggest washouts this side of Ryan Leaf.
– Houston got Ryan Fitzpatrick. That is a smart move and now have a talented and mature vet who can help a young drafted QB grow and keep the franchise afloat as they move forward.
– Dallas got Brandon Weeden and now they won’t have to hold their breath WHEN Romo gets hurt.
– Schaub to Oak – personally I really liked the 2 QBs they had – Pryor and McGloin – more than I do Schaub. It is possible that Schaub wants to prove he isn’t Mr. pick six but I don’t know how much I would put on that possibility occuring
That is just some of my thoughts on the NFL’s fave position. What are yours? I’d love to hear from you.