1. New England Patriots (2) – The Patriots came out with an effective plan and were able early to take full advantage of a D that didn’t seem to want to stop it. They were stifled trying to run the ball but were able to use the pass to make a number of long drives for TDs. The picks by Brady are telling and show that he is not the QB he was 10 or even 5 years ago. That this team came from 10 points down and took the lead and then that their D was able to make the stop is amazing. I give New England full credit for taking advantage of their opportunity. They clearly wanted this game more and played hard for 60. I think Tom Brady and Bill Belichick need to quickly announce their retirements. Get out while on top and let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. Don’t come back, I beg you…let this be the glorious end to two glorious careers.
2. Seattle Seahawks (1) – I said pre-game that if early on the D is just letting the Pats move the ball all over I would just sit there scratching my head. I scratched it a lot in the game. How can a team, who’s D has been beyond dominant most of the last 10 weeks, simply be not prepared for a Super Bowl? I have to hope that the injuries were far more severe than we know. That might explain the terrible effort put on by the D for most of the game. Russell Wilson and the O did a magnificent job getting those 24 points. Being up by 10 in the 4th quarter should have been game over. I cannot fathom how the Seahawk D let the Pats march the field twice. If I was Atlanta, I would think twice about hiring this D co-ordinator…they had two full weeks to prepare and it seems the D didn’t bring their A game. Shameful. They were the best team they just played second best today.
3. Green Bay Packers – Not sure I agree on Rodgers as MVP. Playing QB with a sore leg makes you the MVP?
4. Indianapolis Colts
5. Dallas Cowboys – DeMarco Murray was O player of the year and gets my vote for MVP.
6. Denver Broncos
7. Carolina Panthers
8. Baltimore Ravens – early co-co fave for SuperBowl 50. I think that should have been announced on April 1st is that has to be a joke. They barely got into the playoffs, their QB is vastly overrated and their D has extreme issues.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers
10. Detroit Lions
11. Arizona Cardinals – Well deserved coach of the year. The Cardinals, with a QB, could be the team that keeps Seattle out of SuperBowl 50.
12. Cincinnati Bengals
13. Houston Texans – JJ Watt was the no doubt Defensive POY. He would have been a good MVP choice.
14. Kansas City Chiefs
15. Buffalo Bills
16. San Diego Chargers
17. Atlanta Falcons – They hired Dan Quinn, late of Seattle’s D Co-ord job as their head coach. Good luck. He will bring the same D to Atlanta as soon as they have the LOB.
18. Miami Dolphins
19. New York Giants
20. Oakland Raiders – Huge congrats to Tim Brown for making the HOF. I had the pleasure of watching his whole career and this guy was a great a WR as he was a kick and punt returner. Amazing player.
21. Philadelphia Eagles
22. Jacksonville Jaguars
23. San Francisco 49ers
24. New Orleans Saints
25. Minnesota Vikings
26. New York Jets
27. St. Louis Rams
28. Cleveland Browns – Johnny Manziel has gone into rehab. Good for him. I hope he gets the help he needs and turns his young life around. He needs to get back in control if he wants success in living and not just the NFL.
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Stupidity award goes to Warren Sapp. Good thing he was great at football because he’s terrible at living life. A lot of pros and ex-pros hire escorts. To hire one and then refuse to pay and create a scene that gets you arrested? Sapp needs severe help.
30. Tennessee Titans
31. Chicago Bears
32. Washington Redskins
There you have it, as always I am happy to get any thoughts, comments, arguments or agreements. I will be happy to accept money, preferably tens and twenties!
MR N the BEARS Fan