1. Tennessee – traded the pick to NYG
1. NYG – Landon Collins S Bama – This is a solid pick for the Giants. They didn’t have a safety who could play in the NFL and now they have one who is pissed he wasn’t taken in round 1. A very solid pick, smart to trade up to get this one.
2. Tampa – Donovan Smith OT PSU – Well Tampa needed to add to O line and this is an addition. He wasn’t the best one available but he is a big guy and he could be joined at the hip with Jameis for a while. A need pick.
3. Oakland – Mario Edwards jr DE FSU – A pass rush monster who has issues keeping his weight down to good playing level. If he keeps himself at 280 then he will team with Khalil Mack and be a force. If he eats too much of his pay check he could be a washout. A high/low pick and we will know in 6 months if this was good or not.
4. Jacksonville – T.J. Yeldon RB Bama – A great RB but Denard Robinson was a great running back in Jacksonville last year. I think he will be a starter and that is fine but they better keep Robinson busy with the ball or they are pissing away talent there. Just compared to James Starks. If he’s James Starks then Jacksonville just made a bad pick.
5. NYJ – Devin Smith WR OSU – A fast WR who is a deep threat. He just needs to not be a second round bust like their last 2nd round WR pick. This guy needs to grow and be a force but we will see. He will give the Jets someone to play opposite Decker (the trainwreck) and Marshall. Good pick potentially.
6. Washington – Preston Smith LB/DE MissSt – The Skins need a lot of help on a terrible D and anything he can contribute will make them better. He can tackle and that is a lost skill in Washington. A good pick.
7. CHICAGO BEARS – Eddie Goldman DT FSU – That is a good pick for the BEARS. This big guy is the lesser version of Danny Shelton but he will give them a force in the middle and will stuff the run and may become a major headache for Eddie Lacy. A terrific pick for a team that couldn’t stop the run until it reached the endzone.
8. Tennessee – (from the NYG) – Dorial Green-Beckham WR Miss – this guy is the red flag king who hasn’t played college ball for like 2 years because he was massively kicked out of college. He has the world of talent and could be a super star or he could be Josh Gordon. We will watch and see.
9. Carolina (they got the pick in a trade with STL) – Devin Funchess WR Mich – Holey Feesholies they massively traded up to get this guy? They have Kelvin Benjamin and now they have two of them and they kinda needed an O line LT but why would Carolina want to draft talent that meets a need. Is there a grade under F to give a team?
10. Atlanta – Jalen Collins CB LSU – a good corner who will immediately help the Falcons bad secondary. This is a very good pick as the Falcon D sucked last year. This guy can cover and is a good pick.
11. Houston – Benardrick McKinney LB MissSt – hmmmm he was a good LB but not the best available. He will help the already solid Texan D. He may not be able to cover pass play but he is a tackler and that makes the Texans a tougher D but odd to trade up for this.
12. New Orleans – Hau’oli Kikaha DE Wash – he is a sack specialist who can’t really stop the run but he can knock down Matt Ryan and Caaaaam. This is likely the best pick New Orleans has made so far this year.
13. Minnesota – Eric Kendricks LB UCLA – a very solid pick and this guy will start right away and he will be a force and the Vikings D lost them games last year that they had in the bag. This will help them hold leads.
14. San Fran – Jaquiski Tartt S Samford – They need help in the secondary. He is a mean player but he may not be very good at coverage or such but he can hit. How flagged will he be? I am unsure if this pick is going to be sweet or just sour.
15. Philadelphia – Eric Rowe CB Utah – Eagles traded a ton to get him and he can play coverage and may be a value. I am uncertain about his ability but he may be a Kelly ‘trade up and reach to get a need filled’ which he expressly said teams wreck drafts when they do that. We will watch this.
16. San Diego – Denzel Perryman LB Mia – another excellent LB and he brings a bundle of energy and he may not be 6’5 but he can be a force on D and that just adds good depth to a strength of the Bolts.
17. Kansas City – Mitch Morse C Miss – Mike Mayock likes him a lot and that is enough for me. A good pick for a line that needed center help. Mayock says 10 year starter so good pick.
18. Buffalo – Ronald Darby DB FSU – a very good first pick for the Bills. Darby is a talented Corner who can give Buffalo a solid player. This gives them a decent nickel CB who will make an immediate impact. a solid talent to take with their first pick.
19. Cleveland – Nate Orchard DE/LB Utah – This is a tough guy on the field who will be a force every down. He ain’t pretty but he plays like a tackler. The Browns D needs to be fully rebuilt and that is a great addition to that team. A very nice pick.
20. Miami – Jordan Phillips DT Okla – this big guy is a boom or bust DT. He sometimes takes plays off and sometimes plays like a monster. If the thug Suh can inspire him to try hard every down (and probably play like a goon) then he could be a great pick. If he can’t care, he will be a bum.
21. Cincinnati – Gotta love Ickey Woods doing the Shuffle!!!! Jake Fisher OT Ore – He is a top O line talent and he will start right away. He is a solid player who will go right in and play well for them. A really good pick and he helps the Bengals right away.
22. Detroit – Ameer Abdullah RB Neb – He is a great pick for here. He will work excellently into the Lion lineup. Their rush offense has been a mess since Barry Sanders left. A super draft pick and he will pay immediate dividends and this makes Detroit better (as a Bears fan I am not too impressed).
23. Baltimore – Maxx Williams TE Minn – They traded up to grab a great catching TE. Williams is a force at TE and was the best one in the draft. I thought Baltimore had 2 Tight ends but perhaps they have pared down that since the season ended. He is a good pick and they stole him from Pittsburgh which makes Baltimore happy.
24 Pittsburgh – Senquez Golson CB Ole Miss -He is a talented but short DB. The Steelers are desperately in need for anyone who can play corner and not be 35 years old. He will bring youth, he can play D and he is quick but if he can’t jump he will be beaten by bigger receivers. It was a need and he will help some but can he play taller than he is?
25. St. Louis – Robert Havenstein OT Wisc – a big body RT that helps add strength and size to the Rams O line. He will be a decent addition and will play a good RT. The line is getting better with this pick. Now again, if Foles isn’t the answer then this is just more nothing.
26. Arizona – Marcus Golden DE Miss – He is another Missouri DE who rushes the passer. He goes hard and plays hard like every Missouri D lineman does. I will see if this guy can do it. He could fill a need on the Card D but we will have to watch him to judge this.
27. Denver – Ty Sambrailo OT Col St – Well Denver adds a big body to the O line. One wonders if he can be taught how to chop block? He could build into being a LT one day but we will see if he can just be Manny Ram’s replacement.
28. Dallas – Randy Gregory DE Neb – Well someone had to take him. He has great talent and can be a fierce pass rusher. He is a pretty seriously drug addicted young man who makes really bad decisions. Now Dallas has kept the Mother Beater Dez clean and they signed Girl friend beater Hardy and now they have someone with terrible decision making skills. He could be super or he will implode.
29. Tampa Bay – Ali Marpet C Hobart – WHAT A GREAT PICK! Marpet is a hard working guy who can step in and be a starting Center right away. He will be a ten year starter and this is the best trade up of the draft to get them a super solid O lineman.
30. Green Bay – Quinten Rollins CB Mia (Oh) – he is a solid basketball player but he does have good hands and he will help again the pretty awful Packer secondary and this makes them better and that isn’t good for either the BEARS or the Vikings.
31. Seattle – Frank Clark DE Mich – He has red flags due to off the field issues but he is a solid player but now it becomes a question of whether Pete Carroll can fix it. This is their first pick and it could be a great one or a total bust. My money is on Carroll.
32. New England – Jordan Richards S Stan – They reach for a 4th rounder who perhaps the Pats think they can coach him up to being a talent. They lost a lot of vet secondary and now Belicheck gets a kid to work with.
THIRD ROUND – thoughts on only key players or BEARS/Vikes/GMEN/Steeler/Raider picks
Raiders first pick TE Clive Walford from Mia – a good receiver who has issues blocking. He is a talented pass catcher and he could team with Rivera (sp) and be a force, as long as he doesn’t have to block!
Seattle traded up to draft WR Tyler Lockett KS and he is a super fast but small wide out. He can give Wilson a nice weapon to combine with those he already had and can be a ST weapon too. A really nice pick and a good trade up.
Houston Texans took Jaelen Strong WR ASU and that is a solid talent and gives them a good 2nd WR to team with their over rated #1. He is a young talent who will get better and better. Might be a steal here and a good pick to trade up for. Nice pick Houston.
Chicago BEARS – Hroniss Grasu C Ore – Superb pick call by that lovely girl who is suffering from bone cancer who’s a BEARS Fan! God bless you hon. A OL player who started for years in Oregon and the BEARS have been working on getting an O line that can protect their rotten QB and this is another piece to help give Cutler the peace of mind to comfortably toss picks when the game is on the line.
Atlanta really needed D so they took Tevin Coleman RB from Indiana – Steven Jackson is old so getting a young one to start up behind him is good but not a big need but a nice pick (this team did have a large number of RBs on their roster so will he be #5 or #6 or #2?)
NYG – Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE UCLA – The G-men got them a pass rusher. He has an edge but his pass rush is raw. If he can stay healthy he could learn from JPP and this might give them another good weapon.
New Orleans – Garrett Grayson QB Col St. – now the Saints have a kid who can sit on the bench for 2 seasons while Drew Brees slowly retires. He should be starting for NO in 2017 and that is a good game plan. A pretty good pick and this could end the question about future of Saints QB.
Cleveland – Duke Johnson RB Mia – he is a good young RB but Cleveland had a couple of good young RB and now they have 3. I understand the grabbing of talent but they better hope he can catch passes because they need someone to catch them (they need someone to throw them too) Crowell and West were superb as rookies but it is what it is.
SF grabbed Eli Harold LB Virginia – a good pick that helps a D that needs a ton of help.
Cincy drafts Tyler Kroft TE from Rutgers – it is interesting how Cincy has been taking TEs in rounds like this for about a decade and it never seems to work. One would think that eventually one of them has to work!
Arizona drafts David Johnson RB Northern Iowa (not the Governor General of Canada) and he is a bigger back that will give Ellington a nice complement. Good pick for Zona, a good pick up.
Pittsburgh – Sammy Coates WR Aub – interesting, he is a good WR with speed and height but the Steelers have lots of offense and precious little D. He will help them continue to score but did they need this now?
Minnesota – Danielle Hunter LSU DE – this is a great player who is just a year or so too young to be ready for the NFL. The Vikings do have some depth on DE and now they can simply let him learn and kinda redshirt.
ST. Louis – grabs QB Sean Mannion Ore St and that could be the QB of the future for the Rams if Foles pans out and then he can step in in 2 years. Interesting pick. Wonder if Stl will allow him to win the job on Foles like Sea did with Wilson?
Cincy had the last pick and they took Paul Dawson LB TCU – I had this kid going round 1. What a super last 3rd round pick. He is a tackling machine. He will bring a load of talent and if he can stay inspired he can be a linebacking force. A really amazing pick.
I must say the 2 rounds tonight were draining so there will be no 4th thru 7 round reports.