1. Dallas Cowboys (1) – The Cowboys came out of the gates with a huge dose of Zeke and they marched the field and scored. The D has played tough against the run and has bent and not broken in the first 30. Dak has been challenged but held up pretty well and at the half are well in control. Dallas D played pretty well. If this D plays like that and the offense is what it is…they can’t be beat. I grow weary of every mother’s expert saying ‘Seattle is the best’ ‘New England is the best’ – – -let’s see either of those teams beat the Cowboys. The O rolled up the Skins D and the special teams and D played well and Dallas has won 10 in a row. They are THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL. A solid win.
2. Oakland Raiders (3) – The Raiders got off to a great start with some solid D and a great Carr led O and they jumped out to a nice lead. Part way along this happy Silver and Black road Carr almost broke his pinkie on a snap and had to leave. The Raider D then faced a veritable buzz saw. They were lambasted for 25 straight points and the Raiders were down and all seemed for naught. Then, in a moment that may live in history in the glory of Raider ball, Carr with a glove on returned. He drove the Raiders for the tie and then led them to a small lead. It came down to the end with the D needing to make one stop and THEY DID! Mack with the sack and the Silver and Black is BACK! What a fantastic win and this team is THE BEST IN THE AFC!!!!!!
3. New England Patriots (4) – The Pats found themselves in a dog fight with a hated division rival. They had trouble scoring and they had a lot of trouble stopping the Jets. They trailed for most of the game but they kept it close. They were given the ball with not much time left and down by 1. It seemed predestined as New England drove for the leading score and then the D shut down the Jets. A solid Division win on the road. Well done.
4. Kansas City Chiefs (5) – Luck is with the Chiefs. They couldn’t score at all in the early going but still got 9 from D and special teams. The O finally got some life and went toe to toe with Denver and all the while the Chiefs played solid D. The game was tied and went OT. The Chiefs had no luck to move the ball until the 14th min of OT and they did enough to seal the win. A gutsy win on the road that sets them nicely in the Wild Card race.
5. New York Giants (6) – Evidently the Giants *probably rightly* think they don’t have to try all that hard to win. They have allowed the Browns O to push them around the field. They are bending not breaking and are trading TDs for FGs. They will likely win but this is a LOT harder than it should be. The Giants were able to use their D to take over the game in the second half and they won this game for them. Not a great effort but it can be hard to beat terrible teams. It is hard to self-motivate. It was a win.
6. Detroit Lions (9) – The Lions brought the energy for the first half. Stafford made a lot of moves and throws but some were to air. The Lions D made some great plays BUT the Lions were the Same Old Sorry Assed Lions and made key self-defeating penalties and cost them two turnovers. They have crept out to a 3-point lead but the laughable excuse for a head coach has used up all his challenges. Even money if they can win this. Detroit’s O shut down in the 2nd half and they could barely manage any yards. They fell behind and were in trouble. Instead Stafford led his team on a great drive to tie and then the Lion D grabbed a pick and gave them the chance to win. Detroit gutted out a win. Well done. They are alone atop the NFC North.
7. Atlanta Falcons (11) – Finding themselves barely leading in a shootout. The Falcon D needs to tighten up a bit but on the positive they are in the lead. The Falcons O was not to be denied. They poured it on *So As To Speak* against the Cards and just held on and won it pretty easily. The Falcons are making a nice surge now. A good win.
8. Miami Dolphins (12) – Had a slow start but got it going a bit and are in a bit of a tough slugfest yet ahead at the half. The Dolphins got it going early in the second half and took a nice lead. There seemed to be a kind of prevent happen. The Dolphins D struggled mightily against the NINER O and very nearly lost the game. They sneak out a very ugly win and are lucky they won this one.
9. Seattle Seahawks (2) – It was said before this game started that Seattle had a really long trip here. Evidently jet leg was felt by the O line. Seattle gave Wilson no protection. He ran for his life or was sacked. The Seahawks managed only a FG and a safety and that is all. The fierce TB D just manhandled them. The Hawk D played ok but by letting in even one TD it was over. What a bad loss for a team that was looking like a real powerhouse. You don’t get your ass handed to you like this if you are a powerhouse.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers (13) – Not only did Pittsburgh get a nice Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving they got to play scrimmage against a bunch of turkeys. Ben was able to do whatever he wanted and they combined for 4 TDs and that was 3 more than they needed. The D handled all Scott Tolzien had and more. A pretty relaxed win for Pittsburgh. Happy Holidays!
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (17) – Mrs. N my soulmate and co-football watcher with me states that the Buc D has come to play and boy have they. Turnovers are gold and they are fighting Seattle tooth, fang and claw. The Bucs D was the story. They dominated the line play, they sacked and harried and bothered Wilson. Winston and his offense got only 2 TDs but that was one more than they needed. What a great win by a team that is looking more and more like a tough team to play. Well done.
12. Washington Redskins (7) – Washington’s D didn’t have an answer to Zeke early and then had trouble stopping Dak later. The Skins O moved between the 20’s and couldn’t get any further. They can’t win this game if they trade FGs for TDs. They need a lot more D and a LOT more O or they are going to lose this game. A very tired Skin D just didn’t have anything. Cousins did all he could to win this game and got them THAT close. They lost a close one and it hurts a little but it really lays at the feet of the NFL for scheduling them a Sunday Night and a THURSDAY afternoon. Tough loss.
13. Carolina Panthers (10) – The Panthers started out slow in this match. They had trouble scoring against the Raider D and the Panther D was missing their MLB Luke. They fell well behind and it seemed like a hard day for them. Well look out because here comes Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam! Newton rose to the occasion and drove them for 25 unanswered and they took the lead. But then the Panther D couldn’t stop the Raiders and they fell behind again. Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam had one shot to tie but he was destroyed by the Raider D. This loss basically eliminated the Panthers. What a tough loss.
14. Buffalo Bills (15) – The Bills seem to be guilty of mailing this in in the first half. They better get one hell of a locker room pep talk of they could lose to a bad team. The Bills came out strong in the second half and got the O working. They were able to pull ahead and stay ahead. The D, missing a key secondary component from early on, struggled some but made the stop it had to and they won the game. It was ugly in that they had to battle to beat the Jags but it is a win.
15. New Orleans Saints (19) – Superb O has been the story for New Orleans. They have scored and scored and scored against what can be a good D. Their poor D has let in a ton and it may be that this game will be a ‘last team who scores wins’ one. The Saints put an end to that concept quick. Brees rolled up the Rams D and spit it out. They nearly put a 50 burger on them. A pretty easy win for the Big Easy. Well done.
16. Baltimore Ravens (18) – The Ravens are pretty much having their way against the Bengals. They can’t get all the TDs they might want but they smartly keep kicking it and are well in front. The Ravens made the most out of kicking FGs and playing D. They were well ahead but a kind of prevent let in a TD and that made it close. They held on and when it came down to the end the D made a great stop and they won. They will need to face the resurgent Steelers to decide this division. I still think in my heart of hearts this team isn’t very good. It was a win.
17. Denver Broncos (8) – The Broncos had a slow O start but pretty good D but stumbled and trailed early in a really quiet start. The Broncs got it going and managed to trade score for score and got the game tied and went to OT. They played a defensive minded OT and then with time nearly expiring the coach went for it on a 62yd FG and missed and that was the game. A bonehead coach call and down goes the Broncos. What a loss.
18. Houston Texans (16) – Houston is struggling to get any O going here and their D has played tough but been beaten on some big pass plays. Unless they can manage to get a roll going on O they are in trouble already. The Texans were victimized by the Charger pass game all day. The O struggled for most of the day. It finally came down to a last shot for the O and when push came to shove they just couldn’t do it. This team may crawl on its belly to the AFC South Title but my Gawd will that be an ugly Division title.
19. San Diego Chargers (22) – Rivers started a little slow but got it going and has led a couple of great drives for TDs. The Charger D has not been challenged too much by a bad O and San Diego is in the lead. The Bolts managed to get just enough TDs and then the D made a solid effort (albeit against a substandard QB). They had to make one stop to win and they did. A gutsy win for the team with heart.
20. Arizona Cardinals (14) – The Cards got Tyrann Mathieu back but he hasn’t helped so much. They are in a shootout against a great O and this O can’t hold up if you ask me. They need better D in the 2nd half and they need more points to win. The Cards O was not able to get any more points. Palmer is just too much of a turnover machine. The Cards D didn’t bring their A game and the O was barely a D and that made the whole thing an ugly L. This team may be done after this loss.
21. Tennessee Titans (24) – The Titans allowed a BEARS drive for a TD and then they shut them down and played superb on D. The Titan O started a little slow and then started to roll and are now completely dominating this game. The Titans were so far in front they went into full on prevent. It was such good prevent that they ended up barely holding on for a slim win because of a drop in the end zone. They should have just won this going away but they let Chicago back in it and that is why this Titan team is a pretender. It was a win.
22. Minnesota Vikings (20) – Vikings D seemed to have too much turkey on Wednesday night as they looked very sleepy for much of the first half. Only once, late, did they man up and make a key stop. They had one good drive but a bunch that collapsed. They trail a bit at the half and need to get a whole heck of lot consistent on O and D to win this game! The Vikings exercised an effective short pass game in lieu of a run game and got the game tied and then into a lead. Minnesota had a 3-point lead with 4 minutes left and had the Lions pinned at the 2. All the D had to do was stop Detroit 4 times and keep that team from gaining a silly 60 yards and they win. What did they do? They let Detroit march into field goal range and allowed a tie. Then with inside 2 and a shot to win the O tosses a golden pick and they lose. Well done, the team earned this loss.
23. Indianapolis Colts (21) – The Colts, who are bad with Andrew Luck, had to play without him. The offense, which sputters with Luck, did virtually nothing with Tolzien. The D had no chance against the Steeler’s big three. The only time Indy got into the end zone was when their punter threw a 35-yard completion on a trick play. The rest of the night Pagano kept going for it on 4th down and turning the ball over on downs. If they had kicked 3 after 3 after 3 they might have forced Pittsburgh to work harder and maybe make a mistake. Alas that is hyperbole as Indy did nothing and lost. A poor team.
24. New York Jets (23) – The Jets really looked petty by not using Petty. They brought back in Fitz and they lived by Fitz and died by the Fitz. He was very Fitz like. He drove the Jets to a lead and then it was up to the Jets D to make the stops. They didn’t and the Jets lost. Another loss but it was a decent effort.
25. Green Bay Packers (28) – Evidently the bad Packer D just had to play the Eagle O. They could shut down that O and that made them look NFL capable. Rodgers did his best 3 yard per completion as he threw 3,500 passes for 310 yards. The Pack won a game. Congrats. If you win out I will eat my Bears baseball cap.
26. Philadelphia Eagles (25) – Evidently the vaunted Eagle D can only perform well once every 5 games and this wasn’t one of those nights. They were crap. They let GB think they are good. The Eagle O was total crap and this was a terrible effort and this rotten team lost another.
27. Cincinnati Bengals (26) – Dalton isn’t helped being without his #1 WR as he is making bad throws. The D has bent a lot and broke once and they can’t score any way and are trailing badly. The Bengals didn’t give up and managed to get a score to make it a one possession game. Dalton is still more the reason they struggle than why they win. They had a final shot to tie the game and Dalton failed again. Their season is in the dumpster after this loss and they can thank Andy Dalton.
28. Los Angeles Rams (27) – The D has been shredded in the first half. Goff has looked great in his second start. He is mature and making excellent throws. They are down at the half but have every chance the way their Rookie QB is slinging the rock. Goff did pretty darn good here. He did turn it over but it was the D that failed miserably. They could stop nothing and the Rams were blown away. If Fisher wasn’t on a hot seat before he is now.
29. San Francisco 49ers (29) – Give San Fran full credit they are giving their all here. They took an early lead but the woe-begotten D has been beat and they trail and it is a long road for this poor excuse of a Niner team. San Fran didn’t give up today. They fell well behind but that didn’t deter them. You might say Colin K wouldn’t stand for that! He led them back and brought them to within one score. He led a late drive and got within about 1 yard of winning but lost. A game effort by the Niners.
30. Chicago BEARS (30) – Well they played a good 5 or 6 minutes. Since then there hasn’t been much to note here. D unable to stop Tennessee and the O can’t do a thing. This could be severely ugly unless a miracle occurs in the 2nd half. The Bears O had a good second half but it could have been superb if the stupid receivers hadn’t dropped at least NINE passes – 2 that were TDs. The Bears lost because a guy dropped the game winning TD as time expired. An Ugly loss. The only uglier thing was the pre-game mention that Chicago might want to STICK WITH CUTLER in 2017. AAAAAAAAAAGH. Cut that walking piece of SHIT and do it NOW.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (31) – Jacksonville is playing just like they do every single week. Today it is working somewhat well since there is not much effort put against them on O or D. Doubtful they can pull off an upset unless it is gifted to them. The Jags D had trouble with LeSean McCoy. Bortles ran wild and tossed more than a couple of TDs. This was the best Jag effort in weeks. In the end, it came down to one shot to win and they couldn’t do it. A game if losing effort.
32. Cleveland Browns (32) – Using McCown at QB puts them down at the start. The D has played ok and only let in 2 TDs in the first half. Getting only 2 FGs isn’t going to cut it. If they can get TDs they have a shot. I don’t think they have a shot. The Browns were overwhelmed in the 2nd half by the Giant D. Turnovers were gold, are gold and is gold so as to speak. They could not score much and down they went on the much shorter road to 0-16.
There you have it, as always I would love it if someone just reads all the way through my ramblings and also will accept money, preferably tens and twenties! Any thoughts, comments, arguments or agreements are always welcome!
Mr. N The BEARS Fan