1. Dallas Cowboys (1) – The Cowboys are uncharacteristically struggling against the sad sack Raven team. Troubles with O and D and they are in a dogfight. We will see what kind of guts Dallas has here. The Cowboys showed off their guts and when it got close they pulled away and put it away. Dak and Zeke and Dez are superb triplets. Another win by the best team in the NFL.
2. Seattle Seahawks (3) – The Seahawks seemed to hear all about how ‘good’ the Eagle D was as they made it a point to humiliate them. Trick plays, great long runs, superb passes. They kicked the Eagles ass. Superb D massacred Wentz. A quality win over a very over rated opponent.
3. Oakland Raiders (4) – Oye Oakland! They found themselves in a relative home game south of the border. No word if they had to climb over a wall either coming or going. The Raiders traded scores with a game Houston team and still found themselves trailing as the game got late. A superb rally from Carr put the Raiders even and then ahead for good. A great win for a Great Raider team!
4. New England Patriots (5) – The Pats seemed to not take this match seriously for about 25 minutes. They took a lead but wouldn’t put the rotten Niners away. Finally, in the second half they turned it on and they started to blow the game away. It was a blowout but a backdoor cover garbage TD made it look closer. Ho hum they whupped a crappy team.
5. Kansas City Chiefs (2) – Struggling to get control of a game against a lesser light. They have managed a TD and need to get tighter in pass coverage or this could be a long day. Boy was this a long day in KC. The D played pretty good in holding the Bucs to 4 FG and a TD but the O was asleep. They managed only 2 TDs and a FG and that isn’t good math. Kansas City couldn’t catch Tampa and lost this game. One can only think they mailed it in. What an abominable loss and now I have it open to whether this team is a mirage. This bears watching.
6. New York Giants (7) – It appears the NYG decided that they were already 8-3 with wins over Chicago today and Cleveland next week. Their effort has been deplorable. It is a basket of deplorables to quote someone J and they are trailing at the half and could blow a winnable game unless they wake up. The Giants O was never really able to get it going but boy did the D come out in the 2nd half. They bottled up the Bears and that let NY to just score enough to get an ugly win. They may be 8-3 in 2 weeks but this was an ugly win.
7. Washington Redskins (9) – The Washington Redskins came into this matchup as the nominal favorite. They seemed to play like a prize fighter trying to test out his opponent. They traded TDs, steady for a bit but then the Skins kept scoring and the Skin D started making stops. It didn’t take long before Washington was wiping the floor with a bad Pack team. Hope Green Bay was hungry as Washington fed them another forty burger. A solid win for a great team.
8. Denver Broncos (6) – on the bye, they need to get better performance at QB because the issues this team has against the rush means they can’t carry a bad QB to a Super Bowl again.
9. Detroit Lions (11) – Just when you think the Lions have turned the corner they turn back into the same old Sorry Assed Lions. They are at their self-defeating best and are doing all they can to let a bad Jag team to beat them. The Lions managed to fall behind and it really looked for a while they were going to lose but no…they didn’t. The Lions battled back and took the lead and then the D held on for a win. It was an ugly gutsy win for Detroit. They get rewarded with another game in less than 4 days.
10. Carolina Panthers (12) – The Panthers look like a team just 3 days off a bad loss. Offense troubled with blocking issues and sacks allowed. D is just the basic flat. A very flat first half performance. The Panthers had trouble with D and O but kept at it. They drew to a tie and made the plays necessary to grab a close win. They keep winning and that is good this time of the year.
11. Atlanta Falcons (10) – on the bye, the Falcons O was asleep against Philly and they need to wake up to keep the roll going.
12. Miami Dolphins (14) – A team that looked like they didn’t like the plane ride. They struggled for most of the game. Tannehill played like total crap. The team could do nothing on O and the D played ok but after allowing a TD and a FG it looked like they were dead. Then they put together 2 miracle drives in 5 minutes and they won. What an incredible comeback. I am glad I watched it as I still don’t believe it. The Dolphins are nominally alive in the Wild Card and that was quite the win!
13. Pittsburgh Steelers (16) – Shutting out a bad Cleveland team and pretty much having their way. Not really trying but you don’t really have to, to beat Cleveland. The Steelers really mailed it in here and played some decent D but beyond a big LeVeon day it was quiet on O. They won a game that should have been a laugher but a win is a win is a win. And they are the only AFC North team to do it today.
14. Arizona Cardinals (8) – Palmer committed the cardinal sin of a red zone golden turnover that became a pick 6. The Cards are playing ok D and ok O but need a better effort all over to win a game they should be well ahead in. The Cards turned it over too much and gave up a key special teams TD. That can’t help a team whose D also lets in scores. The Cardinals lost this game and this pretty much sticks a fork in this team. A bad loss.
15. Buffalo Bills (19) – The Bills got an early TD and now have maybe lost their best RB. Taylor getting whacked a lot but the D playing well. The Bills have a shot here. The Bills played super D and that was the key here. They got just enough O and managed to hold on for a super road win. Well done.
16. Houston Texans (13) – The Texans went to Mexico and remembered that once they belonged to them. They played pretty good O and D for 45 minutes and had a late lead. The D couldn’t seal the deal and after 2 TDs the O had nothing left. The Texans lost a tough one but still have the lead in their rotten division.
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20) – The Bucs are keeping it close on the road here with some decent throws by Winston and a D that so far is keeping the Chiefs pretty well in check. Winston did just enough for the whole game to put his team in the position to win. The D played it’s butt off and made the stops they had to. Tampa stole a game in a tough environment. What an amazing win for Tampa.
18. Baltimore Ravens (15) – Good start by Baltimore with solid D and some basic O and Baltimore is in the game. The Ravens much vaunted D *vaunted on every TV station* got beat by the pass and run and were rolled up and spit out. The Ravens couldn’t score near enough and the D couldn’t stop anything. Another loss for an overrated and poor Raven team.
19. New Orleans Saints (18) – Saints look like a team just 3 days off a bad loss. Offense troubled with blocking issues and drops. D is just the basic flat. A very flat first half performance. The Saints actually played a decent game on D and managed to do everything they could to give them a shot but they lost it by THAT much. Close but no cigar. Another loss.
20. Minnesota Vikings (28) – The Vikes have had a pretty decent first half with good D and some workable O. They are keeping in a game and playing pretty well. They need a full 60-minute effort. The Vikes played a game they hadn’t in weeks. Great D with scoring, Special teams with scoring and just enough O to get just enough points to hold on for a key win. The Vikings may just not be dead yet. What a win.
21. Indianapolis Colts (25) – The Colts are the beneficiary of playing a team who thinks they are the big bad. Luck is having his way and just dominating a team that should be kicking his butt. A large lead and it will be a modern miracle for them to lose this game but Indy does suck so it’s not impossible. The Colts did what they could to get Tennessee back in this game but no matter how they tried they couldn’t lose it and Indy won a close one. A really BAD Colt team has a win.
22. San Diego Chargers (22) – on the bye, this team has heart but maybe no place to play in San Diego after this season. The LA Chargers will just be odd to see and say.
23. New York Jets (24) – on the bye, here’s hoping they can keep being Petty in NY. They are in the midst of a lost season, let the kid play.
24. Tennessee Titans (21) – Tennessee in the unenviable position of playing a team they think is their Demon and they are scared to play them well. They are now way down and unless they pull their heads out of their butts they will lose a game they should be kicking butt in. The Titans are in the spot Houston was in for the last couple of years. They just can’t mentally get past Indy. They got it close but couldn’t seal the deal and Tennessee must be counted as simply a pretender, not a contender.
25. Philadelphia Eagles (23) – Evidently the world thinks the Eagles D is better than it is. They couldn’t stop passes or runs. They fell behind deep and Wentz threw 2 golden picks. They were bad and the turnovers killed them. A bad loss for a team that is not who anyone thnks they are. Except for me as I don’t think they are very good.
26. Cincinnati Bengals (17) – Cincy struggling at home with Dalton making errors. The D has bent but not broken as much in the red zone. Cincy needs no more turnovers and then they can try to get a win here. Andy Dalton just couldn’t get any points. One would have thought this was a road game. They were tough on D but terrible on O and a bad Bengal team loses another. Ugly home loss.
27. Los Angeles Rams (26) – The Rams dusted off their 1st overall pick and he, well, he…didn’t suck. He showed some poise and some angst but he didn’t toss picks. He did very little but got his team out to a 2-possession lead. The D played amazing. This was a good Ram D *for 54 minutes*. They dominated the line of scrimmage and shut out the Dolphins for most of the day. Then they started making stupid penalties and played prevent and gave up 2 scores and they…lost. Goff didn’t do much but he didn’t lose it, the D lost it. What a horrid loss.
28. Green Bay Packers (27) – The past is prologue here. Green Bay had the appearance of a good team. SNF broadcasters sang praises of the old Packer D stars who were out there early. Alas the praises lasted longer than good play by the likes of Bloodline and his buddies. Aaron was just too R-E-L-A-X-E-D to be able to keep up with a good offense. The Pack couldn’t score enough and their D lets in WAY too much. Another ugly loss for a team that is just a shell and absolutely no good.
29. San Francisco 49ers (29) – The Niners were outclassed from the start. They managed to keep it a little close for a while but then the D played like it can. They let in TD after TD and got so far down it mattered little what they did. A terrible effort by a bad team and another loss.
30. Chicago BEARS (30) – Cutler, the veritable girl on the hill, is having one of his good games so far. The BEARS are scoring like crazy and if they could make more tackles they might be way ahead. A good 30 minutes but no guarantees they can do this for 60. Cutler was Cutler the bad and turned it over AGAIN. The BEARS O did nothing in the second half and down went the Bears. Word is Romo might be an option in 2017. I hope for Baker Mayfield and if Romo is there then Mayfield redshirts til 2018.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (31) – Getting some traction with both Offense and Defense and are really in a game they had no hope of having a shot at. They could yet win this game. The Jags battled and pulled into a short lead. The D had been very effective and just needed to hold on. They couldn’t. It was I guess too much to ask as the Jags surrendered the lead. The O had a shot late to tie it but failed and a team who once had hope lost another.
32. Cleveland Browns (32) – Getting pounded by the Steeler D and not able to get any O going. The D has stopped some drives but not all and they are well on the way to another loss. The loss of Kessler doomed any hope they had. The D allowed too many and poor play killed any other shot they had. Another loss for the team on the road to 0-16.
There you have it, as always I would love it if someone just reads all the way through my ramblings and also will accept money, preferably tens and twenties! Any thoughts, comments, arguments or agreements are always welcome!
Mr N The BEARS Fan