1. New England Patriots (1) – on the bye, watching their OC look for work. Is there a backroom deal for McDaniels that he gets to go ‘sow’ his wild coaching oats until Dark Helmet retires and then he takes over captaining the death star?
2. Dallas Cowboys (2) – on the bye and must be seeing the same things I read which is that they might as well not even make the Super Bowl as they can’t beat New England. Hope they are filling the South Texas bulletin boards with that stuff.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (3) – Came out afire in the cold and burned Miami’s D a new one. The Hot play of Shazier melted any chance the Fin O had. Before the ice melted off the whistles of the refs there were already 3 Steeler TDs on the board. Hell, it was nearly the 4th quarter before Pittsburgh had to punt. They were in total control on O and D and never challenged. The only reason it was within 20 points was a polite prevent D and the refs didn’t throw any flags as they wanted to go into the warm locker room. A dominating win that sets up a great match against KC next Sunday.
4. Atlanta Falcons (4) – on the bye and the best offense left alive in the NFC if not NFL must be ready to face playoff capable D’s. I think Atlanta has a puncher’s chance to get smoked in the Super Bowl by a strong AFC team.
5. Kansas City Chiefs (5) – on the bye and must feel pretty good to be awaiting likely Pittsburgh with that home field advantage. Can they win that and then go back to Foxboro and beat the Evil Empire?
6. Green Bay Packers (7) – The Pack were utterly destroyed by the Giant D for 28 minutes. The Pack D could do nothing to slow down the Giants. If not for multiple dropped TD passes they would have been down 21 at least but instead it was 6. Then Rodgers got a couple to fall in and they had the lead. That opened the gate and the Pack piled it on and blew them away. It will be on to Dallas and perhaps the Cowboys won’t be boating with Bieber this week. A great win.
7. Seattle Seahawks (12) – The Seahawks displayed solid D, great rush O and some nice passes to easily skate past the Lions. The game was never in doubt and was pretty much a west coast laugher. They scorched for well over 160 yards on the ground and scored at will all game. Now they get to face Atlanta and they will need a lot of luck I think,
8. Houston Texans (9) – The Texans brought a fierce D and a QB with tons of issues but the plan worked. The D got the sacks, pressures, picks and played superb give or take a prevent. Osweiler was actually not awful. He didn’t turn the ball over once and although he made the typical stupid Brister tosses *bouncing a ball Bubby fashion* but he made some sharp throws too. They had some nice run game plans that worked and they dominated via the D. A superb win for Houston. Since they face Darth Vader in the Death Star can they do it again? I guess they have a 15% shot.
9. New York Giants (6) – The Giants came out with a superb D game plan and for most of the first half they dominated. Pressure on Rodgers, sacks, disruptions etc. They shut down Rodgers and made him look like Connor Cook. Unfortunately, OBG was too busy thinking about Bieber and the boat to catch TDs and the drops became contagious. The Giants dominated but only got 6 points. Near the end 14 were let in and the bottom fell out. The D, tired and a bit pissed at the party boat O just stopped playing so hard and the game went south. I blame this loss fully on Beckham and Cruz and Bieber and a boat and drugs. A real team gets ready for an elimination game all week. A shameful loss in a game they had totally in control.
10. Oakland Raiders (10) – Well the Silver and Black should be proud. They got the playoffs again for the first time in 13 years. They didn’t have a shot without Carr and then it got worse when McGloin went down and then downright silly when the LT Penn was out. Was just simply impossible for Cook to win in that stadium with that experience and no LT. They didn’t manage much and it was over before it started. I have every confidence that with health notwithstanding the Raiders will be in the AFC Championship game a little more than 1 year from now.
11. Miami Dolphins (11) – Much of the pregame talk revolved around how Jay Ajayi went for over 200 against Pittsburgh about 3 months ago, There was talk that if Miami won, could Tannehill be back next week. Then the game started and suddenly they were down 18 with nothing to do but get sacked, turn it over and let in points. They were whitewashed and hit harder than Moore’s chin by that sack. Blown out, never had a chance. They need to work on fixing the D *getting rid of goons like Suh* and finding more help for Tannehill and they can be heard from next year.
12. Detroit Lions (12) – The Lions have managed to nicely complete a dire collapse. The O was totally inefficient against a Seahawk D that has let most anyone move against them. The Lion D was flat and got beat, bothered, burned and blasted by the run. It was ugly early, ugly in the middle and ugly late. The Team has said that Caldwell is safe for next year. That is damned generous considering how bad of a collapse the once exciting 9-4 Lions had. A terrible end to a very disappointing year.
13. Tennessee Titans –
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers –
15. Arizona Cardinals –
16. Cincinnati Bengals –
17. Indianapolis Colts (17) – They are keeping the coach for another year. My lovely wife may not be far off in thinking that they feel they can’t fire a cancer survivor until it is beyond absolutely necessary.
18. New Orleans Saints (18) – Appears coach Payton is going to stay in New Orleans again. One wonders if and when the Saints may get tired of the will he stay will he go show and this may just be his last year.
19. Philadelphia Eagles –
20. Minnesota Vikings –
21. Denver Broncos –
22. New York Jets (22) – They are keeping their Coach/GM combo but I think the dual seat is red hot starting with the Draft and OTs.
23. Jacksonville Jaguars (23) – I think Mike Smith would be the best candidate for this premium job that has great weather, rich owner and plenty of talent.
24. Carolina Panthers –
25. Buffalo Bills (25) – They haven’t yet cut ties with Taylor at QB so I am not ruling this ship as sunk…yet.
26. San Francisco 49ers (26) – The coaching vacancy highest rated because it’s nice in San Fran most of the time.
27. Baltimore Ravens –
28. Cleveland Browns –
29. San Diego Chargers –
30. Washington Redskins –
31. Los Angeles Rams –
32. Chicago BEARS –
There you have it, as always I would love it if someone just reads all the way through my ramblings and also will accept money, preferably tens and twenties! Any thoughts, comments, arguments or agreements are always welcome!
Mr. N The BEARS Fan