A look back at my thoughts on the 12 playoff teams of last year as their seasons ended, one week at a time.
After Super Bowl 2012
1. Baltimore Ravens (2)- Came out strong and calm and took a huge lead. D Collapsed, then there was a late FG, a badly missed call that went in their favor and they win the Super Bowl!
2. San Francisco (1) – Terrible and undisciplined 1st half. Strong out of the darkness, poor play calling and one missed call by the refs and down they went. They didn’t play well enough in the first half to deserve the win. The fault lays completely with their defense which was exposed again. The Rep of the SF D is better than the D.
After Conference Championship Weekend 2012
3. Atlanta (3) – They showed their offensive flare in the first half and their defensive incompetence pretty much for the last 45 minutes. They are bad, they were a terrible first seed and they are finally gone.
4. New England (2) – Turnovers are gold. An offense that can’t score at home in a Conference Championship game is Platinum. They have had bad D all year and it showed it’s colours when it counted. They didn’t deserve the SuperBowl and they didn’t get to it.
After Divisional Championship Weekend 2012
5. Seattle (2) – D was flat and played poorly. Russ Wilson did all he could to win the game and the D did all it could to lose it.
6. Green Bay (3) – I said that if they played as poorly in the playoffs as they did in Week 17 they would go home. They did and they are.
7. Denver (1) – D played horribly, turnovers are gold. Undisciplined play, highly questionable decision to kneel with 31 secs left and 2 time outs in a tie game. Ugly finish. Went just as far with Tim Tebow at QB interestingly enough.
8. Houston (6) – Were in it for 30 minutes. They were totally destroyed in the last 30. They just can’t play with the big boys.
After Wild Card Weekend 2012
9. Washington (2) – Had a quick start then nothing. D was exposed and they were overmatched, outplayed, outcoached. Down the went. A good season. They need to upgrade on D and get some receivers and an O lineman or two. That’s all!
10. Indianapolis (6) – Were steamrolled. Luck couldn’t do it one more time. A good year and a team that played beyond their means this season. They will only get better.
11. Minnesota (8) – Webb being in didn’t help. Neither did not tackling, not throwing, stopping the run game. It was ugly and a sad way for the year to end. They need to continue to build, this team has hope but some serious holes.
12. Cincinnati (10) – Never showed up. Played scared. Poor play calls, bad clock management. Bye. A team that struggles with itself more than it’s opponents and they need to figure that out.