1. New England Patriots (1) – The Pats came out flat and played worse than I have seen them in a Super Bowl since they lost to Chicago 46-10. No D to speak of, Brady over and under throwing and even throwing a pick 6. Down 28-3 at one point I kept uttering an F worded what the … – it was unbelievable. Then they got 6 and it was down 19 at the half. Then the Second half started and the Pats played D, Brady was on fire and the avalanche slowly picked up mo coming down on the huddled Falcons. Before the smoke cleared the Pats had it tied and went into OT and put it away. They are the first team to play a totally crappy first half and still win. Congrats, you are the best this year.
2. Atlanta Falcons (2) – The Falcons had a first half for the ages. Superb long runs, great passes and catches, Solid pass rush, great pressure, a pick six. The party was on and they were up 25 and the game looked over. They looked just like they did in the regular season when they took a big lead and put on prevent. They played prevent and then their coaches did the stupidest things ever and gave away a Super Bowl. When Jones made that amazing catch at the 22 they were up 8. Run three times and kick a FG and they 11-point lead is insurmountable. They ran once, they went for a pass and took a penalty then huge sack and had to punt. The D continued its collapse into OT and they lost. A huge embarrassing loss that will linger next year in the hangover of hangovers.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers –
4. Green Bay Packers –
5. Kansas City Chiefs –
6. Dallas Cowboys – Their owner is in the Hall of Fame now which is kind of like having a Bank President reward himself employee of the month.
7. Seattle Seahawks –
8. Houston Texans –
9. New York Giants –
10. Oakland Raiders – So the Billionaire (no mention of his wife Mrs. Howell) pulled out of Vegas stadium and now Vegas and Oakland are up in the air. Late info from Fox Sports Radio suggests San Diego is ready to offer the Raiders a home come 2019.
11. Miami Dolphins – Jason Taylor is in the HOF. I remember one statement made about Taylor during his prime ‘he was a poor man’s Junior Seau’ – that doesn’t sound like a canton endorsing description but they are letting just about anyone except T.O. in these days.
12. Detroit Lions –
13. Tennessee Titans –
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers –
15. Arizona Cardinals –
16. Cincinnati Bengals –
17. Indianapolis Colts –
18. New Orleans Saints –
19. Philadelphia Eagles –
20. Minnesota Vikings – With Bridgewater out likely til 2018 at least this is Bradford’s team and today it seems Dallas may want AP so that is the beginning of quite a face change for this franchise.
21. Denver Broncos – With Terrell Davis in the HOF it is official that good players get into Canton not just great ones.
22. New York Jets – Rex Ryan wishes them luck!
23. Jacksonville Jaguars –
24. Carolina Panthers –
25. Buffalo Bills – Rex Ryan uses F words to describe the Bills lol
26. San Francisco 49ers – Kyle S now seems interested in Jimmy G from NE and not Cousins. It is not certain if he will be able to keep track of the various Niner game plans during the season.
27. Baltimore Ravens –
28. Cleveland Browns –
29. Los Angeles Chargers –
30. Washington Redskins –
31. Los Angeles Rams – Kurt Warner will be in the HOF as a Ram. Proof positive you can have 2 good years and that makes you a Hall of Famer.
32. Chicago BEARS –
There you have it, as always I would love it if someone just reads all the way through my ramblings and also will accept money, preferably tens and twenties! Any thoughts, comments, arguments or agreements are always welcome!
Mr. N The BEARS Fan