1. Denver Broncos (1) – Played as good as they had to. Was close for a short time but they won going away.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (3) – Poor offense to start the game. Great D, good special teams and just enough offense…The KC recipe for undefeated success.
3. Green Bay Packers (5) – Defense good early. Rodgers just barely able to get it done. A tough team win.
4. Seattle Seahawks (6) – Had a tough game at home. They had to battle to win. Not a great win but a win nonetheless.
5. San Francisco 49ers (7) – Gave Arizona a shot early but then they got some decent D…a good catch or two, some good runs and it was a win.
6. New England Patriots (8) – Played badly enough to lose. Aaron Dropson has gotta be the biggest case of stonehands in the history of the NFL. Someone buy that kid some stickem because he is abominable. They amazingly had a gutsy come from behind win that was one for the ages but not one they get much credit for. Any decent team woulda put them away after that last Brady pick.
7. New Orleans Saints (2) – Played well on the road until the last 2 minutes. In the end their ‘vaunted’ offense (heck I have vaunted them this year) couldn’t get 10 yards to win the game and then the D couldn’t make a stop.
8. Indianapolis Colts (4) – What can be said…they faced some powder blues, it was a road game, it was Luck’s first prime time game for Monday night…The Colts basically stunk out the joint. They now face Denver…play better guys or else.
9. Cincinnati Bengals (10) – Solid game played by all aspects of the team in the first half. A late second half collapse lead to OT but they managed to pull out a pretty unimpressive win.
10. San Diego Chargers (12) – Rocked the Colts all night. Strong offense, solid D and awesome powder blues. Let’s see them do it again!
11. Miami Dolphins (9) – on the bye. They now hopefully are getting healthy and figuring out the ‘what’ that was lately wrong and going back to the ‘right’ of the first three games…or this stay in a top 1/3 spot is very short term and they face a lengthy fall with another loss.
12. Detroit Lions (14) – Good D, poor O. Second half Offense was suddenly good and the team won it going away.
13. Dallas Cowboys (17) – Good Offense but D is now suffering severely from injuries and the team is still just not that good.
14. Chicago BEARS (19) – D limited by injuries, shredded by running game. Some effective turnovers created by the D and Cutler was excellent and it was a nice short week win.
15. Baltimore Ravens (11) – D good early. The team simply can’t score enough to win.
16. Tennessee Titans (13) – Gave their all on the road. Simply are not good enough without Locker. A good try.
17. Cleveland Browns (16) – Got it done early. The Cleveland D let them down and although it was a fair try by the OFF it wasn’t enough.
18. Arizona Cardinals (15) – The game was winnable but they let SF pull away. Palmer is just way too Palmer-like to give them a chance to win on the road.
19. Buffalo Bills (20) – Poor decisions on and off the field. Great effort but they came up just short.
20. St. Louis Rams (25) – Jumped to a nice lead, the Offense roared and the D put up points too. A very impressive total team road win by blowout. Well done.
21. Washington Redskins (21) – RGIII showed more finally but sadly he still can’t play D for the Skins…neither can the Skins D. That is their issue. They would have fallen some this week but there are just too many bad teams. They have to take a number and play worse. Maybe next week against the BEARS?
22. Philadelphia (27) – D struggled as usual. A great game by Foles led to an inspired offense that put up the needed points and got them a good win. Now the question in Philly will be how long will a hammy keep out Vick? Perhaps he is being Wally Pipped by Foles now.
23. Carolina Panthers (30) – Blew away a flat team. Their second great game this year. Caaaaaam was terrific. A great win but we really need to see some consistency from the Panthers. Who is this team?
24. Pittsburgh Steelers (29) – They seem awfully old, however, Big Ben got it going, completed an impressive percentage of his passes. His accuracy coupled with decent D play got them a nice win as they schooled another rookie QB.
25. Houston Texans (18) – Offense issues (hint…they suck), D troubles (um…where is that pro-bowl shutdown D?). The team collapsed. They are barely a shadow of last year’s Texan team.
26. Oakland Raiders (21) – Battled well, early, on the road in a loud stadium. A second half pick sealed it, another Golden turnover that killed any shot in a very energetic KC homefield.
27. New York Jets (23) – gave a good effort early but Geno turned in another ‘rookie’ QB effort. D got pushed around. It was ugly.
28. Atlanta Falcons (28) – It should only be able to get better now. They will be hard pressed to do any worse after their bye. The injury to Julio Jones tho probably won’t help them.
29. Minnesota Vikings (24) – Amazingly flat. Cassel and the rest of offense was bad, the D showed no focus. Outside tragedy was supposed to unite the team and let them gel. It didn’t. It was ugly, they got thrashed and I think I hear Freeman’s cell ringing…anyone wanna trade for Ponder?
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (26) – Offense was well led by their rookie QB but the D was incapable of making any stops. They are rapidly returning to their part of the ‘Bay of Pigs’ era.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (31) – Played as well as they could. Made mistakes but Blackmon was great, their D was ok. Another game effort by a team who is showing signs of life.
32. New York Giants (32) – Run offense was strong. D can’t cover fast, tall or competent Wide Receivers. Eli’s picks are pure gold. 0-6. They defeat themselves.
There you have it, as always I appreciate any thoughts, comments, arguments and agreements. I am just chuffed when someone reads this! I also will take cash…preferably tens and twenties!